Tuesday, 4 November 2008

today is tense...

so here are some drawings. First one is last week's CHoW, St Alia of the Knife. Pencil, digital, you know the score. I love the way that the drawing looks in reality, but after i scanned it the slight wonkiness started to really bother me, and I probably did more to it than I needed to. It is at least uh.. 10 years? since I read Dune, and even then I'm not sure if I finished it, but I tried to base the outfit and colours on the bedouin and palestinian traditional dress I saw at an exhibition in the summer. I should post photos - when I locate them.





Plus the finished shed.

10 comments:

Becky said...

Nice - love the texture! Did you color this using photoshop?

Tom Scholes said...

Awesome :)
Looks a bit like you.

Gax said...

Fucking powerful blog.

pansy said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Kate
http://educationonline-101.com

krossj said...

incredible stuff!

cheers

Anonymous said...

man i love it !
liam.c

Cadwell said...

Hi, just found your blog from a comment you left on John Allison's blog where I thought you were another Alice. Your work is sumptuous, the painting of the tentacled creature bursting out of the shed is my new desktop. I look forward to following your blog and seeing what you're working on.

Big Ape said...

Hi love the exploding shed. It made me think of one of my favourite stories, 'the Dunwich Horror'

Anonymous said...

This piece is gorgeous. Very H. P. Lovecraft.

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous. Very H. P. Lovecraft.