Sunday, 15 February 2009

messy drawing



I'm never really sure if I should clean up drawings for the blog. Leaving them all messy with scan shadows and dust and partly erased lines seems more accurate - that is what they look like, and its supposed to be about process here I guess. But then cleaning them up would make them into a piece of work in their own right.

I need to loosen up, or I'm going to start spending all my spare time sharpening pencils.


In other news, today I have been mostly listening to Kitsune Noir mixtapes.

6 comments:

bigtalkingtori said...

This reminds me of my sister. Thank you. I look forward to seeing this in color. I know it's going to turn out beautiful.

Alice in the US said...

My question is...is it for sale?

alice said...

The original drawing is kind of messy, and not on particularly great paper, but if you are interested in buying it send me an email (alice.naomi.duke at gmail.com), I can show you a more accurate photograph of how it looks.

The Zen Chemist said...

That is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Bombproof said...

Yeah, leave em messy and all, it brings a little charm to them. I love seeing in progress stuff.

Shelley Whiting said...

I love the composition. It's very unusual. I love how you view her from the back to the flower.