Wednesday, 21 September 2011

Kubla Khan


Here's the first page of an illustrated version of Coleridge's weird little poem about Kubla(i) Khan. I completed this when feverish and ill (probably self inflicted thanks to colliding deadlines) so it looks a little crazy to my healthy eyes (what sane person would pick THAT green? What's up with the trees? Why is the wailing woman so small? etc). It's going to be in the first (or maybe second? unsure) volume of The Graphic Canon, along with my attempt at adapting book 3 of the Iliad!

2 comments:

Amanda Lewis said...

I love this poem. You graphic is beautiful. I have seen many done in a variety of styles, this is quite lovely. Did you do the rest of the poem?

Iambic Admonit said...

This is magnificent! May I have your permission to use it in an English class when we study the poem?